Call for consultancy services
The Sustainable Agriculture Network (SAN) is currently looking for experts who are experienced in delivering technical assistance and support on sustainable agriculture practices in commercial supply chains, strongly motivated to contribute to SAN’s mission through their technical expertise and knowledge, and available to work as consultants.
SAN is only accepting registrations from candidates with recent relevant experience in Belgium, Chile, Egypt, France, Germany, Italy, Perú, Poland, Portugal, Serbia, Spain, UK and Ukraine. Future announcements will be made for other regions.
If you qualify according the specifications described below (Call 2018.01) and are interested in joining our global technical network, we invite you to register your professional profile here. Once you complete your registry, we will process your information and will contact you at the moment we have a position that fits or matches your profile. SAN will treat all applications with the strictest confidentiality.
Completing your registry does not imply an active hiring process. This call is meant to create a pool of qualified applicants that will be used to identify candidates for consultancy assignment 2018.01.
Please note that:
- SAN does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
- Profiles with incomplete information will not be accepted.
- SAN will only consider those candidates that comply with the minimum requirements specified for each call for consultancy services.
- Only short ‘listed candidates will be contacted directly by SAN.
Call for consultancy services No. 2018.01
Deadline for submissions is 23:55 ET on September 20th.
1. Geographic scope
SAN is only accepting registrations from candidates with recent relevant experience in Belgium, Chile, Egypt, France, Germany, Italy, Perú, Poland, Portugal, Serbia, Spain, UK and Ukraine.
2. Purpose/objective of the proposed consultancy
The consultancy will have two major components:
- Assist with agricultural product traceability assessments in multiple locations at the primary processing level.
- Provide technical assistance for agricultural operations on topics related to biodiversity conservation, integrated pest management, and nutrient, soil, water and waste management in Belgium, Chile, Egypt, France, Germany, Italy, Perú, Poland, Portugal, Serbia, Spain, UK and Ukraine.
3. Candidates will be assessed against the following:
- University degree in agronomic sciences or other related field.
- Three years of relevant experience in agricultural operations management (especially in topics such as biodiversity conservation, integrated pest management, and nutrient, soil, water and waste management, and product traceability and chain of custody).
- Proficient in English and/or Spanish. French and other local languages are a plus.
- Legally authorized to work in the specified locations.
Technical/ functional skills
- Work experience within specified locations, particularly in field positions is desirable.
- Extent and relevance of experience in agricultural management and product traceability initiatives.
- Extent and relevance of experience in providing technical assistance to farms and other agricultural operations (farmer associations, processing plants, intermediaries and others).
- Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to prepare performance and compliance reports.
- Experience within verification schemes (including certification) is a plus.
4. Additional information
- All candidates should possess computer/word processing skills.
- Applications will be screened based on the information provided in each professional profile.
- Candidates may be requested to provide further information about their professional profile.
- Other similar positions at the same level may be filled from this call and all endorsed candidates will be considered for the Technical Database for a period of two years.