Transparency and efficiency enabled by technology
The SAN Intelligence Hub (iHub) is an information management solution specifically designed for agricultural operations and supply chains to simplify decision making process and add value to the Farms for the Future program’s participants.
The iHub gives SAN, and organizations, a mechanism to identify best practices that farmers need help with, and then helps guide that support to the right farmer audiences. Organizations can monitor progress towards outcomes and impacts on the iHub dashboard, and can design their own analysis and reporting features.
The system includes many features such as customized baseline assessments and compliance checklists, performance dashboards, geographical location and maps of farms, group management, charts and reports that facilitate the overview and real time monitoring of farms and supply chains.
The SAN-SAF indicators are embedded in the iHub, but other frameworks, including certification standards, can be uploaded into the system to ease tracking, analysis and reporting. SAN can adapt existing reporting and tracking dashboards for the participants' frameworks, or develop new dashboards and dashboard elements as needed.
Data management can be a key driver in major shifts within the food production systems: Having useful and accurate data can help producers and other actors in the food supply chain. It can be used to provide insights, drive real-time decisions and redesign entire systems to meet both the market and sustainability demands.
The iHub offers many advantages such as:
Ability to collect specific information from all operations as a baseline and gradually update this data.
- Ability to include areas, land uses and polygon drawings from operations.
- Management of groups of farms.
- Visualization of the whole operation in hierarchical charts and location maps.
- Ability to work with online/offline capabilities to perform evaluations in the field.
- Addition of custom schemes and indicators for creating different types of evaluation tools.
- Customizable baseline forms, compliance checklists and reports.
- Ability to monitor the organization’s performance through dashboards and metrics.